Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alternative Beauty Products??

I know, I know, this is a blog about green building and products right?  Well, along the subject of all things green; saving energy, saving money, saving consumption...I stumbled upon the following information and I couldn't help but think how many women would love to know this stuff!  Well, more than that, actually have the time to apply it to their lives, but in any case it is an incredible source of information I have now "favorited" on my desktop for that time in my life when I will have time.  But, I'll encourage you in this venture much like I do any other area of my own life, just start with one.  Start recycling one thing.  Start reading one book on 'green living'.  Start making one beauty product. Start implementing ONE change in your life at a time and discipline yourself (your kids, your family, etc) to master just that one before moving on. 


(The following is a blog from Planet Green and if you'd like to see the article in its entirity feel free to follow the link below, we have simply put the information below for your own convenience, but in no way claim the article as our own, but a great source of information!)


"I looked at my bathroom counter this morning and realized that I buy very few commercially-manufactured beauty products anymore. Mixed up in baby food jars and other reused containers, my daily arsenal consists of homemade shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, toothpaste/tooth whitener, lip balm, lip gloss, dry skin salve, and solid perfume. The goats milk soap I buy is locally made by a non-profit goat rescue farm. And my kids use a lot of the same stuff I do.


I started making my own beauty products because I'm cheap, and I couldn't stand the idea of paying retail prices for things that I could easily make, and make better, for much less. But I've expanded the items I make because, like many of you, I'm concerned about what the chemicals in all of those commercially produced products are doing to my body.

The items below are easy and fairly inexpensive to make. You can customize many of these to your own preferences. And you'll have the peace of mind of knowing that you aren't putting anything harmful on your body."

Hair Care

5. Avocado Mayonnaise Deep Conditioner
6. Rosemary Hair Conditioner
7. Home Remedies for Shiny Hair
8. Blonde Hair Dye Recipe with Lemon and Chamomile
9. Brunette Hair Dye Recipe with Coffee or Tea
10. How to Henna Your Hair
11. Go 'Poo Free: Baking Soda Shampoo, Apple Cider Vinegar Conditioner

Skin Care

12. Spoil Your Face with Spoiled Yogurt
13. Make Your Own Shaving Cream
14. Yogurt and Honey: Two Key Ingredients in Your DIY Facial
15. Blueberry Facial Mask
16. DIY Hand Softener
17. Exfoliate with Strawberries
18. Make Your Own Egg White Facial Mask to Fight Acne
19. Five Natural Blemish Busters
20. Easy Homemade Facial Masks
21. Make Your Own Lotion
22. Gentle Oatmeal and Yogurt Facial Cleanser
23. Cucumber-Honey Toner
24. Rose Facial Toner
25. All-Natural Salve for Dry Skin
26. Get Gorgeous Summer Skin with Homemade Body Scrubs
27. Chocolate-Orange Lip Balm
28. Green Tea Facial Toner
29. 5 Skin Care Recipes from Common Ingredients
30. Olive Oil Moisturizer

Makeup

31. Make Your Own All-Natural Lip Gloss
32. DIY Bronzer Compact
33. DIY Lipgloss Tinted with Beets
34. Enhance Your Eyelashes Naturally
35. DIY Beeswax Lip Gloss

Perfume and Colognes

36. Make Your Own Perfume from Flowers in Your Garden
37. Make Your Own Solid Perfume
38. Soothing Summer Body Spray
39. Sandalwood/Bergamot Perfume
40. Passionflower and Ylang Ylang Perfume
41. Aftershave for Men

 

Hygiene

42. Lemon and Salt Tooth Whitener
43. Homemade Natural Stick Deodorant
44. Use Baking Soda as Deodorant
45. Easy Homemade Soap

Foot Care

46. DIY Pumpkin Foot Scrub
47. End-of-Day Foot Spa
48. Strawberry Food Scrub

Nail Care

49. Cuticle Cream
50. Nail Strengthener

No comments:

Post a Comment